- Permanent role
- Applications close: Thursday 1 October, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Ruyton Girls’ School seeks a dynamic and passionate year level coordinator able to develop wellbeing initiatives and sustain positive relationships.
Ruyton Girls’ School, located in Melbourne, is a forward thinking independent K – 12 school with a long tradition of academic success and co-curricular achievement. At Ruyton, the focus is on preparing girls for a lifetime of learning, leadership and engagement in our global community.
At Ruyton the individuality of each girl is fostered in a caring and safe environment, nurturing her intellectual, physical, social and emotional qualities essential to flourish. Powerful learning is central to the Ruyton culture, building on a strong academic reputation. There is a focus on advancing the learning of every girl through the engagement of intellectual curiosity, building knowledge and skills about how to learn and supporting them to achieve their personal best and be exemplary citizens.
The School’s values shape and define the Ruyton woman and the way she leads her life:
- Character to be resilient and to act with confidence and compassion
- Citizenship to effect positive change through civic and environmental action
- Endeavour to be curious, creative and courageous learners seeking to achieve her personal best
- Integrity to live a life with honesty and virtue
The Ruyton community lives by these values, providing support, role models and a sounding board for the girls as they make their mark in the world. The School embraces diversity and values the enrichment it brings to the learning community, fostering respectful relationships and a culture of justice and fair treatment that extends to the broader community. This culture is central in preparing students as respectful, inclusive and socially aware global citizens.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced Senior School Wellbeing Leader/English Teacher to join a dynamic and future focused team.
With a term 1 2021 start, this is a full time, three year fixed term position, where the successful applicant will report to the Director of Wellbeing and is ultimately responsible to the Principal. Ruyton Girls’ School is seeking a dynamic and highly interpersonal individual, skilled at relationship building and passionate about developing an integrated approach to learning and wellbeing. Suitable applicants will have a high level of emotional intelligence, exceptional communication skills and able to work collaboratively and independently. You will be appropriately qualified with suitable experience and a background relevant to the role.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work collaboratively with wellbeing and learning leaders across the School to develop an integrated and innovative approach to learning and wellbeing
- Lead the creation, documentation and implementation of the year level wellbeing programme
- Partner with the Director of Individual Learning and teaching staff to review individual learning plans and monitor student learning and learning
- Establish and maintain effective and respectful communications between staff, students and parents to monitor student progress, wellbeing and learning
- Support form teachers and subject teachers to effectively fulfil wellbeing responsibilities
Ruyton Girls’ School is a child safe institution. Applicants must provide a valid Working with Children Clearance (WWCC) check at the time of application or before employment. All appointments are subject to child protection legislation and employment screening.
Ruyton Girls’ School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton at email@example.com or 0499 000 973
Applications close Thursday 1 October, 2020 at 5.00pm