- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday, 11th June, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Scotch College, Melbourne is a leading independent day and boarding boys’ school with a rich history dating back to 1851. With a focus on Christian values, Scotch College provides a dynamic learning environment for almost 1,900 students from Preparatory to Year 12. The school has built a strong reputation for academic excellence and high-quality pastoral care, and students are provided with a comprehensive and holistic education that focuses on their intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development.
Scotch College offers a diverse program of academic, sports, and co-curricular activities, aiming to expose boys to the primacy of independent thought, the power of collaboration, the rewards of physical and artistic pursuit, and the place of service. With cutting-edge facilities and state-of-the-art technology, Scotch College fosters a culture of innovation and encourages students to think independently. The school has consistently ranked among the top schools in Victoria and is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church of Victoria, welcoming boys from diverse backgrounds and offering numerous scholarships.
Following the retirement of Robert McLaren after 37 years of outstanding service to the College, the position of Vice Principal Head of Senior School has been reimagined to ensure that Scotch continues to provide a holistic and challenging education for the boys. This role will be responsible for the wellbeing and character growth of boys and the day-to-day running of all activities within the Senior School.
Reporting to the Principal, and as a member of the Executive Team, the Vice Principal Head of Senior School will play a critical role in leading the further development of all senior school programs and contribute strategically to the overall refreshed vision for Scotch. Additionally, the Vice Principal Head of Senior School will work collaboratively with key pastoral staff to ensure high standards of behaviour and pastoral care, setting the tone and culture of the College.
The Vice Principal Head of Senior School will have a 0.25 FTE teaching allocation and may be required from time to time to fulfill the duties of the Principal in his absence.
- Maintain a positive student culture across the Senior School
- Establish strong programs that enhance student character growth and wellbeing
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Senior School, including Sport, Risk and Compliance
- Collaboratively lead the development of a P-12 schoolwide framework for character growth
- Ensure clear, consistent and restorative student management practices are implemented and managed effectively
- Contribute to the development of the senior school curriculum to ensure it best meets the needs of all boys and supports the strategic goals of the College
- Ensure the Senior School meets all areas of compliance; particularly noting the specific needs of Boarding and students with divergent needs are supported
Scotch College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Scotch College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Fiona Hutton on firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Bignill on 0425 271 822 or email@example.com
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia.
Applications close Sunday 11th June, 2023 at 5.00pm