- Permanent role
- Applications Close: 3 June 2019
The Currajong School is seeking a passionate leader in special education to lead an outstanding school with established and successful programs.
Leadership of an independent specialist education school in East Malvern
- Leadership of a passionate, collegial and supportive staff
- Transform the lives of students experiencing social, emotional or behavioural challenges
After a long and distinguished career of service to the The Currajong School community, the current incumbent Principal, Jenine Pallant is relinquishing her role at the end of September 2019. This has created an opportunity to begin an executive search for a new Principal of The Currajong School to commence in 2020, or earlier by negotiation. Located in the inner Melbourne suburb of East Malvern, the School was founded in 1974 and is an educational facility designed to fulfil the specific needs of students who have experienced difficulties in other schools due to social, emotional and behavioural disorders. The school is noted for its commitment to providing a nurturing curriculum tailored to suit the individual needs of students. The role of Principal is responsible to the School Council.
Building upon the current outstanding reputation of The Currajong School, the School Council seek to attract an exceptional leader and relationship builder who has significant experience in developing, implementing and evaluating programs for students who have found it difficult to adapt to the educational and social demands of mainstream education. With knowledge of contemporary pedagogies in specialist education and a clear understanding of the National Nurturing Schools Programme, the successful candidate will be passionate about developing students holistically, enabling each young person to achieve a sense of belonging, co-operation and success.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative and relational leader able to:
- Strategically and collaboratively lead the School, taking responsibility for leading the staff, systems and approaches involved with the delivery of teaching, learning and caring.
- Pro-actively lead, coach and mentor staff in their professional growth and career pathways
- Oversee staff employment, performance review and professional development programs
- Ensure a strong knowledge of contemporary research into assessment and use of data to drive improvement
- Management of complex student health and wellbeing concerns, effective communication and liaison with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high level of leadership ability to build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership of all business aspects of the organisation of the School
The Currajong School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
The Currajong School has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 3 June, 2019 at 5.00pm