A senior leadership opportunity has arisen at Wesley College’s Yiramalay studio school in the Fitzroy Crossing valley, Kimberley, Western Australia.
- Leadership of excellent teaching, learning and wellbeing practices.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal culture.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
The Yiramalay/Wesley Studio School is located on Leopold Downs Station in the Kimberley, Western Australia, and provides senior years education for students in Years 10, 11 and 12. Students and staff spend part of the school year at Yiramalay and part of the school year at Wesley College in Melbourne.
Wesley College is seeking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic, proven educational leader to the position of Deputy Director Yiramalay/Wesley Studio School. This is a full time role based onsite at the Studio School in the Kimberley, Western Australia.
The Deputy Director Yiramalay reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Studio School in the Kimberley. The Deputy Director is responsible for the welfare and safety of all staff and students at Yiramalay, the effective delivery of all educational programs, the operation and administration of the school and the effective communication with a range of community stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate proven ability to:
- communicate effectively to all school stakeholders and have highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills.
- develop their own and others’ understanding about Australia’s First people.
- model excellence in teaching practice.
- lead and manage key stakeholders in a school setting.
Start date is to be negotiated, although a Term 3, 2019 start would be highly desirable.
Candidates must have tertiary teaching qualifications and hold:
Western Australian and Victorian Teacher registration (which incorporates Working with Children Check and National Police Checks).
Candidates without Australian teaching qualifications and registration will not be considered.
Hutton Consulting has been engaged by Wesley College to conduct this Executive Search.
To obtain a full position description and further information, please contact:
Senior Education Consultant- Bruce Simons
0423 663 627