- Leading and implementing vision and strategy
- Motivating and empowering colleagues to aspire to excellence
- Executive level of leadership in managing and mentoring highly effective teams
The Kilmore International School seeks to employ a strategic and dynamic Deputy Principal to commence in Term 1, 2020 or earlier by negotiation.
The Kilmore International School (TKIS) is a regional, independent, non-denominational, co-educational boarding and day school, providing a world class education for more than 400 academically motivated local and international Years 3 – 12 students. TKIS is home to over 150 students boarding from Years 7-12.
Established in 1989, TKIS is located in the charming and historic town within the educational precinct of Kilmore, in the Mitchell Shire less than an hour (60km) from Melbourne. It is located close to the beautiful Macedon Ranges and Kinglake National Park. Kilmore is a cultured, welcoming and vibrant community picturesquely situated within the Great Dividing Range.
TKIS has a reputation as a leading academic school with an impressive record of success in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Guided by the values and learner profile of the International Baccalaureate, TKIS is close-knit international learning community where local students gain a global perspective through connecting and engaging with other students from different societies and cultures. By understanding and embracing cultural differences and similarities, all our students forge strong relationships as members of local, national and global communities. Learning flourishes in this positive setting.
The Kilmore International School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Principal with a record of project completion who can help deliver the next stage of its development through a new Strategic Plan (2020—2024). The appointment is planned for January 2020 but equally an earlier commencement date would be considered. An attractive salary and benefits package along with relocation costs will be negotiated.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a track record of educational leadership to manage change successfully and deliver continuous school improvement.
- a track record of building and mentoring highly effective teams.
- skills to develop, review and deliver school strategy and operational plans.
- ability to motivate and engage staff, students and parents to ensure a climate of support and high expectations.
- experience of integrating and enabling technology for learning and using data to track student performance.
- experience of implementing Wellbeing policies and programmes.
- experience leading professional development and performance management of staff.
- effective management and monitoring of all school administration and operations.
- excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
- extensive teaching experience, preferably in an international, multi-lingual school.
Applications will require a Curriculum Vitae, Application Form and Cover Letter addressed to the Principal, Mr. Andrew Taylor, and submitted as PDF’s and sent to Bruce Simons: email@example.com
All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Applications close Monday 18 March 2019 at 5.00pm