- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 6th September, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Faith Lutheran College is situated in the township of Tanunda, in the beautiful Barossa Valley, 77km North of Adelaide.
The College commenced in 1985 as Faith Lutheran Secondary School with just 26 students. In 2018, the College amalgamated with Tanunda Lutheran School creating the only ELC to 12 College in the region and today has an enrolment of 800 students from ELC through to Year 12 located across two campuses. ELC to Year 6 students (200) are located at the Junior School (Maria Street, Tanunda) with Year 7 to 12 students (600) located at the Middle and Senior School (Magnolia Road, Tanunda).
The College has an outstanding reputation within the community. In addition to consistently high academic achievement, the College is known for the importance it places on the health and wellbeing of students through a strong Pastoral care approach, built on Christian foundations.
Faith Lutheran College is now recruiting for the role of Teaching and Learning Director (ELC – 12).
Reporting to the Principal, the Teaching and Learning Director is responsible for the continuous improvement of student learning and the quality of teaching throughout Years ELC-12 consistent with the College’s strategic plan, vision, mission and values.
The Teaching and Learning Director will be committed to the learning and academic growth of all students and inspire and motivate the whole College community towards high educational standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the College remains at the forefront of educational practice through leadership, driving Teaching and Learning practices and associated research.
- Foster and facilitate a vibrant intellectual life, interdisciplinary ethos and community of scholarship within the College.
- Develop a culture of improvement in teaching and learning by placing student learning at the centre of strategic and operational planning.
- Promote the appropriate use of emerging technologies to enhance teaching and learning experiences.
- Develop a culture that recognises innovative thinking and initiatives in program content, design and delivery
- Demonstrate a visible and active respect of and upholding of the Lutheran ethos of the College and articulate faith in a contemporary and accessible way.
Applications are sought from experienced, visionary, ethical and global and strategic minded leaders, who are passionate about children and visionary teaching and learning and able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills;
- Leadership experience and expertise within the Senior Leadership of an ELC – 12 School;
- Expertise in pedagogy, curriculum planning and assessment;
- Understanding of contemporary educational research;
- A personal commitment to the delivery of a Christian based education
Faith Lutheran College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a full position description, a confidential discussion or enquiries regarding the application process, please contact Darren Roylett 0488 001 064 or email@example.com or Rob Sieben 0408 083 083 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date: Monday 6th September, 2021