- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 8 November , 2021 at 5:00pm.
Outstanding opportunity for an executive leader to work closely with the Principal in leading teams, strategy and culture at Wenona School, Sydney.
Wenona School is an independent, day and boarding school for girls, located in North Sydney, with an enviable reputation for innovation, a global perspective and commitment to service to others. As a leading IB school, Wenona girls graduate as Renaissance women; creative, resilient, articulate, well-educated, filled with a sense of optimism and a capacity for adventure.
The Senior Deputy Principal works closely with the Principal to lead and manage the School. They provide strategic and operational support across all school areas, including teaching and learning, staff development, human resources, student wellbeing, school operations and the co-curricular program at Wenona. They work in consultation with the other members of the Senior Leadership Team to support their various leadership portfolios, developing the team culture, assisting with project management, and providing strategic advice.
We are seeking an experienced educational leader who has broad experience across all areas of school leadership and management, possessing the expertise to lead high performing teams delivering on a vibrant, holistic, learner-driven culture. This is a role that will prepare the right candidate for principalship, as it requires a candidate to demonstrate a breadth and depth of leadership across the School, and work alongside an experienced Principal to lead a growing school community.
Exposure to school governance will also enable the selected candidate to develop their expertise and understand the complexity of school leadership at this level.
With a negotiated start date in 2022, the successful candidate will:
- Provide insight and evidence-based support for the Principal on all areas of teaching and learning K-12
- Lead and manage staff professional development, feedback and review processes
- Lead change in a collaborative manner, delivering continuous school improvement initiatives, with a focus on innovation
- Enjoy building and mentoring highly effective teams that promote staff relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- Support the human resources function of the school, through effective recruitment and induction strategies
- Engage positively with the school community, responding to the needs of the community in a pro-active manner
- A visible, relational and adaptive leader, who understands the complexities of schools
- A strong collaborator, who is able to manage complex relationships within a community
- A keen attention to detail as evidenced in a capacity to support other school leaders to plan for, execute and evaluate events and initiatives that impact on overall school organisation.
- Strong and refined presentation and communication skills, with the ability to speak publicly with confidence and clarity and ensure that all written communication is respectful and reflective of the School’s values and culture.
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
Wenona School is a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations including child safe standards. Wenona’s Code of Conduct is available on our website. https://www.wenona.nsw.edu.au/
Wenona School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively you may contact Jann Robinson on email@example.com
Applications close Monday 8th November 2021, at 5:00pm