- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 7 February, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Immanuel College is seeking a highly professional and dedicated School Counsellor who will be responsible for the provision of student counselling services.
Immanuel College is a co-educational, Lutheran day and boarding school offering education from Years 7 to 12. It is a vibrant and exciting school, catering to a diverse community of around 1,000 students.
An award-winning school, Immanuel has been nationally recognised as an innovative school, a school where students reap the benefits of a rich, relevant and challenging program. The College strives to provide an education in a Christian context where the whole person can grow and develop.
The School Counsellor is responsible for the provision of a range of effective and appropriate counselling services for students. This role liaises with key school staff in providing services to support students’ wellbeing and maintains appropriate relationships with outside agencies and services.
Responsible to the Head of Senior School and working with the Director of Counselling, the School Counsellor will respond to student needs and collaborate with teaching and professional staff across Senior and Middle Schools to ensure the wellbeing of students. A strong working
relationship with Heads of Schools, Director of Counselling, Boarding House staff, Student Diversity Team and Year Level Coordinators is essential. Lead responsibilities developed in collaboration with the Counselling Team. All staff must abide by College policy and procedure and perform all duties requested by the leadership team.
The successful applicant will have or be able to demonstrate the following.
- Qualifications in Psychology or Counselling
- Evidence of current Responding to Abuse and Neglect training completion
- Minimum of Provide Basic Emergency life Support First Aid Training
- Proven ability to develop positive working relationships with a wide range of people
- High level skills in conflict resolution and problem solving
- High level of confidence in making judgements and providing professional opinion
- Ability to respond effectively to crisis situations
- Ability to liaise professionally with staff, students, parents and external agencies
- Appreciation of, and commitment to, the Christian values and ethos of the College
- Knowledge of external support services and social agencies
- Recent school‐based experience is desirable
Immanuel College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position.
Only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Darren Roylett on 0488 001 064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a full cover letter (1 page), supporting documentation addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the candidate information pack (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Monday 7th February, 2022 at 5:00pm.