- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 21st May, 2021 at 5.00pm.
Lauriston Girls’ School is seeking a forward thinking, personable and organised leader to take responsibility for its Admissions department.
Lauriston Girls’ School is one of Australia’s most successful and innovative Independent Girls’ Schools, celebrating 120 years in girls’ education. The School’s main campus is based in the Melbourne suburb of Armadale and caters for students from 3-year-old Kindergarten to Year 12, offering both VCE and IB pathways. Lauriston has a second, residential campus named ‘Howqua’ located near the Victorian country town of Mansfield, which provides a well-established unique experiential program for students in Year 9.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director – Marketing, Admissions and Development, the Registrar is accountable for the coordination of student enrolments into Lauriston Girls’ School. This includes relationship management, end to end administration and managing the admission numbers. This role demands close collaboration with Marketing to drive admission acquisition and ongoing relationship management to the period of student onboarding.
The Registrar plays a critical role in representing the school when engaging with prospective parents and students and having a positive influence on community perceptions of the school community.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced applicant who enjoys a collaborative working environment, with opportunities to lead, manage, innovate, and build key and ongoing relationships with current, prospective, and new students and their families. This role encompasses applications and enrolment, international student enrolments and retention and scholarships.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively with all stakeholders within the school community. A strong ability to engage prospective parents in the school’s vision through highly developed verbal and written skills is essential.
Key selection criteria include:
- Proven experience as a highly competent administrator with the organisational capacity to oversee the end-to-end administration and management of various processes.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed MS office skills and experience with the Student Administration System – Synergetic and Digistorm
- Experience in an educational environment and/or with international students.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment within which schools operate. Explicit knowledge of the requirements for international students would be an advantage.
- Leadership experience in small team environments
- Flexibility, adaptability, and enthusiasm for a dynamic work environment
Lauriston is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE
Applications must include a full cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae (maximum 4 pages) and the contact details of three professional referees.
Lauriston Girls’ School has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the full position description, please contact Aine Maher on 0457521228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close by close of business on Friday 21 May, 2021