- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 22 March 2021 5.00pm
Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Strathcona Girls Grammar has the reputation of a strongly connected community of learners where students achieve excellent academic and co-curricular results. It is a unique, medium-sized girls’ school with three separate campuses, providing an enriching education from ELC to Year 12. Both boys and girls are catered for in the Early Learning Centre.
The Strathcona environment nurtures the pursuit of academic excellence, co-curricular involvement, leadership development and the community and social engagement that each girl chooses to pursue. The School aims to afford girls the opportunity to try various activities so that each individual is able to recognise and develop her own interests and unique attributes.
This role provides child and adolescent psychological services to all students. Delivering a flexible approach in responding to student wellbeing and mental health needs, including acute needs, the role provides the necessary support to students and families within the School. The School Psychologist facilitates student access and participation utilising psychological expertise in education and learning to maximise educational outcomes for students and supports and builds the capacity of the School community in alignment with the strategic and annual action plans of the School.
As a member of the Student Wellbeing Services Team, this role works under the direction and in consultation with the Senior Psychologist and the Dean of Students. In their work, the person in this role will collaborate with the Dean of Students, the Student Wellbeing Team, the School Nurse, academic staff and families. The successful candidate will demonstrate;
- Expertise in child and adolescent development within an inclusive school setting
- Ability to manage acute and short term, evidence based psychological intervention
- Management of all aspects of student records, data collection and student wellbeing plans confidentially and sensitively in a school setting
- Active engagement in the delivery of materials and programs promoting positive mental health and wellbeing
- Capacity to facilitate access and referrals to appropriate services and resources to enhance student wellbeing, mental health and capacity
- Consultation with a range of stakeholders on mental health, developmental and wellbeing issues
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with the proven ability to develop professional relationships with service providers, staff, families and students at all levels
Strathcona Girls Grammar is a School where the dignity of each person is recognised, respected and fostered. The School takes an integrated and collaborative approach to building and strengthening safe and respectful school communities which are child safe.
Strathcona Girls Grammar has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or email@example.com or Fiona Hutton firstname.lastname@example.org
Please DO NOT apply directly online
Applications close Monday 22 March 2021 5.00pm