Closing date : Monday 8 January 2024
The Australian Industry Trade College (AITC) is unlike any other school. It is a school for young people who seek a deliberately different educational experience. An industry-driven one. In operation for over 15 years, the AITC provides a unique two to three-year program for Years 10 to 12 that enables and empowers young people to find their purpose and proudly pursue a pathway in industry. A seamless blend of senior secondary education (QCE) and vocational training to engage young people in purposeful learning experiences with real industry relevance.
With a negotiated commencement date, the AITC is looking for dynamic and energetic Principals to join the Senior Leadership Team, with exciting opportunities available at their Brisbane and Toowoomba Schools. You must have a genuine passion for young people, industry pathways and apprenticeships.
As a Principal at the AITC, you will be an exceptional and visionary leader committed to ensuring that the AITC strategically delivers a sector-leading, industry-driven educational experience. You will be responsible for developing industry partnerships, promoting innovation, and ensuring the AITC is at the forefront of the latest industry trends. Together with your school leadership team, you will work collaboratively with the integrated resourcing and shared services to ensure optimisation of operations and resources, and the achievement of performance and improvement goals for your school.
The AITC Principal will demonstrate a passion for education, with a strong commitment to an innovative, industry-driven education model that connects the world of education with the world of work. A contemporary and values-driven leader, you will influence and utilise evidence-informed leadership and pedagogical practices to inspire quality teaching and learning and nurture positive relationships between students, teachers, industry, and community stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to inspire and motivate young people, and build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead people, supporting strong performance and collaboration in a dynamic, values-led and character-based culture
- Comprehensive understanding of apprenticeships and the vocational education sector, including current trends and change factors impacting the future of industry education programs
- Demonstrated leadership of a teaching and learning environment, with the ability to influence the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students
- High level of education leadership and financial acumen with demonstrated understanding of business process development and continuous improvement methodologies
Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) registration is essential – additional business or postgraduate qualifications and industry experience will be highly regarded.
Australian Industry Trade College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with the Australian Industry Trade College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the Candidate Information Pack, contact Tracey Hickey on 0402 157 556 or email@example.com
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Monday 8 January 2024.
Please Note: Interviewing may commence prior to the closing date upon receipt of applications. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as practicable. Direct online applications will not be considered.