- Permanent role
- Applications close: 5pm on Monday 6 April 2020
Founded in 1963 by the Good Samaritan Sisters, Mater Christi College is a Catholic secondary school for girls in Belgrave, an eastern suburb of Melbourne, Australia located on the edge of Sherbrooke Forrest. The College has an integrated and contemporary approach to teaching, learning and wellbeing, offering a range of Senior School pathways. At its core the College respects the traditions and spirit of its founders, the Sisters of the Good Samaritan, and is organisationally and educationally innovative to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing society. With a key focus on the growth of the whole person, Mater Christi College aims to develop informed, compassionate and creative women of faith who will take part freely and creatively as global citizens of the world.
With the departure of Mrs Mary Fitz-Gerald as Principal of Mater Christi College after 20 years of outstanding leadership, the College Board invites applications from candidates with a commitment to girls’ education and an inspiring vision for the future of schooling. The College seeks an exceptional leader of people, a dynamic and inspiring educator with strong values and beliefs rooted firmly in Catholic principles who is ready to lead the school into the next phase of development. Beginning in Term 1, 2021, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational leader with an understanding of the commitment to the values and charism of the Benedictine mission as articulated by the governing body: Good Samaritan Education.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values of a Benedictine education
- Lead the development and execution of a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College, and anticipates the future needs of students, teachers and supporting staff
- Empower and inspire staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College community.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of developing themselves and staff as continuous reflective learners.
- Manage high level and complex pastoral care matters in a timely and effective manner.
- Bring an evidence-based approach to leading and managing innovation.
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels.
- Bring a strong understanding of marketing, and a prudent management of finances, risk, facilities and resources.
Mater Christi College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Amanda Samson at email@example.com
Applications close Monday 6 April, 2020 at 5.00pm