- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday, 26 July 2021 at 5.00pm
The Hills Grammar School Council seeks to appoint an innovative, authentic and strategic Principal to lead the School into its next exciting stage of development.
Founded in 1982 in Kenthurst, 30km north-west of Sydney CBD, Hills Grammar is located on a picturesque natural bush setting, on the perimeter of rapid suburban expansion, with a growing enrolment of 930 students from K to 12, and a vibrant, successful Pre-School. A proudly diverse and inclusive school, Hills Grammar is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational school with a culture shaped by the values built on respect, integrity, service and excellence. The Hills Grammar School aims to provide a unique and individualised curriculum which strives to be outward-looking and relevant to a changing world. There is an emphasis on the provision of a broad, liberal education and a commitment to a rigorous and challenging academic program, diverse co-curricular opportunities and a focus on knowing and developing the wellbeing of each child.
The School Council seeks a committed and future-focused educational leader who has the ability to drive vision, execute the continued long-term, strategic development of the School and deliver strong academic, co-curricular, wellbeing and sustainable learning outcomes. The successful candidate will be a leader of learning, able to translate ideas and concepts into action, analyse complex situations and engage others proactively in change and improvement. Commencing in Term 1, 2022, or later by negotiation, the successful candidate will be a motivated, inspiring, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and ability to authentically connect with all members of Hills community and external stakeholders.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a learner driven education that develops competent, contributing students of good character
- Clearly articulate and inspire a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the School and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in effective education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Demonstrate the knowledge and the successful implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Manage high level and complex student and staff wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the School’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications, risk/compliance and governance
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the School community through effective communication and positive relationships
- Lead the measurable development of the School Executive and all staff within the School Community
The Hills Grammar School has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy
The Hills Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access the candidate information, please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday, 26 July 2021 at 5.00pm