- Permanent role
- Applications close: Sunday 16 October 2022 at 5:00pm.
Set in beautiful and spacious country settings in Hamilton in Victoria’s Western District, The Hamilton and Alexandra College is a co-educational day and boarding school with a strong history and values, outstanding facilities and innovative educational programs. The College is highly respected as the prime educational institution in the local and regional area and plays an important role through its community work, leadership programs and co-curricular approach.
The Board is inviting applications from exceptional educational professionals to lead the College as Principal. The successful candidate will be a strong leader of people with experience in creating a positive, high performing culture for staff and students. With a commitment to building an environment where students feel confident about their future pathways, the incoming Principal will be able to inspire all members of the College community to grow and thrive and understand the importance of its regional setting. A strong record of excellence and the capacity to implement change and develop an inclusive and forward thinking learning community will be essential.
Commencing in Term 1, 2023, or by negotiation, the preferred candidate will be a motivated, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and ability to build coherence and authentically connect with all members of the College community and external stakeholders. They will demonstrate the capacity to:
- Clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision with an inclusive and informed understanding of the educational, political, social and economic matters likely to affect the College
- Lead a positive staff culture, inspiring development of staff within the College community
- Demonstrate the knowledge and successful record of implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the College’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications, risk/compliance and governance
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College community through effective communication and positive relationships
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Lead the College in a manner that is consistent with the Christian values as embodied within the Uniting Church
The Hamilton and Alexandra College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia has been engaged to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access the candidate information, please contact or Amanda Samson email@example.com 0433 356 911 or Mark Sowden firstname.lastname@example.org 0421 707 996.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 16 October 2022