With the departure of Mr Darren Cox as Principal of St Philip’s Christian College Cessnock, the St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation Board invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Christian Education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future.
St Philip’s Christian College Cessnock, has over 1200 students and is located on a 42-hectare site on Wine Country Drive, Nulkaba, as part of a wider vision to enrich the community. The aim is to provide an enriching and liberating education; an education that not only teaches, but transcends the discipline of learning and the acquisition of competencies, to the acquiring of a deep sense of the greatness of life and learning. Attention is given to the development of the whole child through a balanced curriculum involving the academic, social, physical and spiritual areas.
The College has a record of success with academic achievement and students are daily encouraged to strive for the very best in all that they do. Every student is seen as a unique creation of God, a person to be respected and valued, irrespective of their ability, background, age or standing within the school. The College is educationally aware and progressive.
The Board seeks an outstanding Christian leader who demonstrates a lived faith, a robust understanding of education and an appreciation of culture and community. With a desired start in January 2021, the successful candidate will be a visible, relational, and dynamic leader with a commitment to the core values, ready to lead the College into the next phase of development.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values of Christian education
- Articulate clearly the benefits of innovative, inclusive education to all stakeholders
- Articulate clearly a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national, and state levels
- Lead and manage innovation with an evidence-based approach
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership, that is required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- Empower staff, students, and parents to engage actively with the College community through effective relationships
- Continue to develop an ongoing culture of philanthropy and community partnerships
The St Philip’s Christian Colleges promote the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 21 September, 2020 5.00pm