St Peter’s Woodlands Grammar School (SPW) is an Anglican co-educational primary school located in the Adelaide beachside suburb of Glenelg. A national leader in early learning and primary education, SPW has an outstanding reputation for educating children in a vibrant, supportive and respectful environment, gaining exemplary results in the International Baccalaureate Organisation’s Primary Years Programme (PYP). Students engage in a concept driven, inquiry-based curriculum across all areas and are encouraged to be internationally minded, seeking to serve and understand others.
After 17 years of exceptional leadership, Christopher Prance is finishing his tenure as Principal, and the School Council now invites applications from experienced school leaders with the vision and ability to continue to grow the School’s offerings and honour the philosophies and faith-based values on which SPW is built.
With a negotiated commencement date, the successful candidate will be a visible leader, able to influence, inspire and motivate colleagues and students. It is expected that the successful applicant will have a focus on rigorous, inquiry-based learning, a deep appreciation of evolving teaching methodologies, an understanding of global educational innovation and strong commitment to building engagement with the whole school community.
The appointee will be able to:
- bring a strong knowledge of contemporary research into Teaching, Learning and Caring practice relevant to each age and stage of development
- demonstrate the ability to use evidence and data to drive improvement in student outcomes
- lead staff in a culture of trust and empowerment for continuous growth
- manage wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- anticipate the future needs of learners and teachers and clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision
- demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership that are required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- engage with the School community by building and sustaining effective relationships
- continue to develop an ongoing culture of community partnerships.
The St Peter’s Woodlands community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
St Peter’s Woodlands has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant, Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Tuesday 28 April 2020, 5.00pm