- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 5th July 2021 at 5:00 pm
The College Board invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Catholic boys’ education and an inspiring vision for the future.
St Bede’s College is a leading Catholic secondary school for boys founded within the Lasallian tradition. Established in 1938 at Mentone, the College recently added a second campus in Bentleigh East and now has a student population of around 1950 students across the two campuses. St Bede’s College aspires to educate boys in living “by right paths” to become confident Christian men who approach the future with zeal.
Mr John Finn, the first lay Principal and an outstanding leader, is leaving at the end of 2021. The Board is seeking an exceptional Principal of character, who is a dynamic, proven leader with strong values and an inspirational approach, to lead the school into its next phase of development. The Principal will be a future-focused, progressive and relational leader, with a commitment to ensuring that the young men who graduate from St Bede’s College do so ready to navigate life with confidence, and to make a difference to their local and global communities.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values of Catholic education in the Lasallian tradition
- Articulate clearly the benefits of boys’ education to all stakeholders
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national, and state levels
- Articulate a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership, that are required to manage successfully the areas of finance, risk, human resources and facilities
- Continue to develop strong community partnerships and foster wider networks and connections to enhance a holistic education
- Continue to nurture high quality relationships, empowering staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College Community
St Bede’s College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
The St Bede’s College Board has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position.
For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact:
Applications close on Monday 5th July 2021 at 5:00 pm