St Andrew’s School was established in 1850 as an independent, co-educational primary school by St Andrew’s Anglican Church. Located in the inner eastern suburb of Walkerville, (Adelaide), St Andrew’s is a leading South Australian specialist primary school, inspiring children to be collaborators and innovators, making meaningful contributions to their diverse communities.
Celebrating its 170th Anniversary in 2020, St Andrew’s School has a rich history of tradition, whilst leading an integrated and contemporary approach to teaching, learning and wellbeing, resulting in consistently high academic results. At its core lies the internationally recognised pedagogical framework of the IB Primary Years Programme, which aims to develop articulate young people who take responsibility for their learning, engage with the world through active inquiry, and demonstrate responsible citizenship.
From ELC through to Year 7, St Andrew’s students are provided with a rich, nurturing and respectful learning environment, enhanced by outstanding facilities set on attractive grounds across two adjacent sites. With an ambitious and innovative building Master Plan continuing in 2020, St Andrew’s is excited about its future growth and development.
With the departure of Mrs Deb Dalwood as Principal of St Andrew’s after ten years of excellent leadership, the School Board invites applications from experienced candidates who have the vision, commitment and ability to lead our community in the next exciting phase of the School’s development.
Commencing in 2021, the successful candidate will be an influential, energetic, positive and visible leader, able to inspire and motivate colleagues and students. It is essential for the successful applicant to have a focus on rigorous, inquiry-based learning, and a strong understanding of best-practice teaching methodologies and a strong knowledge of global educational innovation.
The appointee will be able to:
- Clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision that anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Lead staff in a culture of trust and empowerment for continuous growth
- Manage wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership that are required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the School community through effective relationships
- Continue to develop an ongoing culture of philanthropy and community partnerships
The St Andrew’s School community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
St Andrew’s has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant, Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 9 March 2020, 5.00pm