- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 2nd August 2021 at 5:00 pm
The Pembroke School Board seeks to appoint an innovative, relational and strategic Principal to lead the School into its next stage of development.
Located in a leafy inner eastern suburb of Adelaide, Pembroke is a vibrant, co-educational, non-denominational, day and boarding school offering education from ELC to Year 12. With senior pathways in place for students to study IB or SACE, and catering to a diverse community of learners, the uniqueness of Pembroke is its ability to shape a truly co-educational, independent culture based on the values of respect, care and inclusivity. All students can find their place at Pembroke, and they authentically celebrate and support one another in their individual and collective pursuits.
After 12 years of outstanding service and leadership, Mr Luke Thomson is retiring at the end of Term 2, 2022, thus the School Board seeks an exceptional Principal of character, who is a dynamic, proven leader with strong values and an inspirational approach, to lead the school into its next phase of development.
The Principal will be a future-focused, progressive and relational leader, with a commitment to ensuring that the students who leave Pembroke, do so ready to navigate life with confidence, and to make a difference to their local and global communities.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a learner-driven education that develops competent, contributing students of good character
- Clearly articulate and inspire a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the School and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in effective education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Demonstrate the knowledge and the successful implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Manage high level and complex student and staff wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the School’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications, risk/compliance and governance
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the School community through effective communication and positive relationships
- Lead the measurable development of the School Executive and all staff within the School Community
Pembroke has zero tolerance for child abuse and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
The Pembroke School Board has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact: Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or by email email@example.com or Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information about Pembroke.
Applications close on Monday 2nd August 2021 at 5:00 pm