- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday May 9, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Established in 1987, Overnewton Anglican Community College is a dual campus, co-educational, Prep to Year 12 College in Melbourne’s North West. Overnewton is a premier independent school open to all denominations. Organised into Junior School, Middle School, Year 9, and Senior School, the College is committed to continuous improvement and innovative pedagogy. Overnewton is united in its aim to prepare today’s learners for tomorrow’s world. In a nurturing, caring and inclusive environment, the student is at the core of decisions and family is an essential and valued component. With a strong focus on community engagement and relationships, the College is looking to the next stages in its growth and development.
With the upcoming retirement of Mr James Laussen as Principal of Overnewton, the College Board invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Anglican education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future. The Board seeks an educational leader who has the capacity to drive vision, execute the strategic development of the College and deliver strong academic, co-curricular, wellbeing and sustainable learning outcomes. The successful candidate will be a leader of people, able to translate ideas and concepts into action and engage others proactively in change and improvement.
Commencing in Term 1, 2023, the preferred candidate will be a motivated, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and ability to build coherence and authentically connect with all members of the Overnewton community and external stakeholders.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the principles and values of a learner-centred education
- Clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Demonstrate the knowledge and successful record of implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Lead the measurable development of all staff within the College community
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the College’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications, risk/compliance and governance
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College community through effective communication and positive relationships
Overnewton Anglican Community College is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe.
Overnewton Anglican Community College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access the candidate information, please contact Fiona Hutton firstname.lastname@example.org or Amanda Samson email@example.com or the office on 0488 426 035.
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday May 9, 2022 at 5pm