Located on the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Lands, Murputja Anangu School has provided education to students and families living in the communities of Nyapari and Kanpi since 1993. The school provides a safe and supportive education from Birth to Year 12 that develops students as strong leaders in Western and Anangu cultures.
Murputja is a member of the Anangu Lands Partnership which includes schools from the Maralinga Tjarutja Lands as well as the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Lands.
The Department for Education is seeking a dynamic and inspiring educator, with an appreciation of Aboriginal culture and cultural diversity, to lead the school in 2021.
Beginning in Term 1, 2021, the successful candidate will be a motivated, visible and relational leader with a commitment to the vision and values of the school.
The majority of students at Murputja are Anangu. Most students speak Pitjantjatjara at home and their only exposure to English is at school.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- provide educational leadership in the school
- manage the day-to-day operations of a school
- bring knowledge of contemporary research into Teaching, Learning and Caring practice relevant to the age and stage of development of students
- lead staff in a culture of trust and empowerment for continuous growth
- manage wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership that are required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- continue to develop an ongoing culture of community participation and partnership.
The APY Lands offer an experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to experience living with the world’s oldest continuing culture, to discover and learn Pitjantjatjara language and culture and to develop strong personal connections to country and people.
The South Australian Department for Education has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Please do not apply online for this role. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5:00 pm, Thursday 3rd December 2020.