The Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to innovation and Catholic girls’ education.
Located in the Canberra suburb of Braddon in the Australian Capital Territory, Merici College has a proud history shaped by its beginnings where it was established as an Archdiocesan girls’ school, founded by six different orders of nuns. A school of approximately 675 students from Years 7 to 12, it values the past and present students, the dedicated and inspiring educators, and a strong College community. The College seeks to create a learning environment enriched by the traditions of the Catholic faith and continues to follow the vision of St Angela Merici, where each individual student is empowered to maximise their potential in a nurturing, innovative environment.
In 2021, Merici College will become an International Baccalaureate Continuum school, offering pathways of education through the IB MYP and DP streams, in addition to the ACT Senior Secondary Certificate. The College has a well established curriculum framework around Principles for Powerful Learning, based on four key areas: faith, academic excellence, innovative digital learning and inclusivity. Merici College enjoys a reputation for building a successful future for each student, in addition, the positive wellbeing and sense of belonging each student feels is a key strength of a Merici education. Students are encouraged to approach life with optimism, be creative learners looking for ways to lead in their community and be engaged with issues of social justice.
With the departure of Ms Loretta Wholley as Principal of Merici College, the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Catholic Education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future.
Commencing in Term 1, 2021, or later by negotiation, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational, and dynamic leader with a commitment to the values and charism of the Merici educational mission, ready to lead the College into the next phase of development.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values of a Catholic education
- Articulate clearly the benefits of girls’ education to all stakeholders
- Articulate clearly a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national, and state levels
- Lead and manage continued innovation with an evidence-based approach
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership, that is required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- Empower staff, students, and parents to actively engage with the College community through effective relationships
- Continue to develop an ongoing culture of philanthropy and community partnerships
Merici College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
The Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com or Rob Sieben at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Saturday 10 October, 2020 5.00pm