- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday May 20, 5:00pm, 2022
Established in 1944 and located in the heart of Kensington, Adelaide, Mary MacKillop College proudly celebrates Josephite education and the life and inspirational legacy of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop, Australia’s first Saint.
The religious dimension of the College draws its life from the living heart of Australia’s pioneering founder of the Josephite order and its tradition of service to others. To this end, the College embraces students from all walks of life and educates them in the true spirit of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop. A very real and precious connection has been maintained with the Sisters and students enjoy classes in a well-resourced and comfortable environment while having access to the Chapel and Convent grounds where Mary herself lived and worked to promote educational opportunities for girls.
Mary MacKillop College is committed to inclusivity and diversity and is a non-selective entry school. With the vision to be an outstanding Catholic girls’ school, known for excellence in education and leadership for girls, pastoral care and academic results, Mary MacKillop College offers a welcoming and caring ethos in which girls learn and grow.
With the departure of Ms Kath McGuigan after 12 years of dedicated and steadfast leadership as Principal of Mary MacKillop College, the Board invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Catholic Education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future.
The College seeks an outstanding leader who demonstrates a lived faith, an ethical disposition, and an appreciation of Catholic culture. Commencing in Term 1, 2023, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational, and dynamic leader with a commitment to the values and charism of the Josephite educational mission, ready to lead the College into the next phase of development.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values of catholic education in the Josephite tradition
- Articulate clearly the benefits of girls’ education to all stakeholders
- Articulate clearly a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Empower staff, students, and parents to engage actively with the College community through effective relationships
- Lead the measurable development of all staff within the School Community
- Demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership, that are required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national, and state levels
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Continue to develop an ongoing culture of philanthropy and community partnerships
Mary MacKillop College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Mary MacKillop College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the consultants Dr Amanda Samson firstname.lastname@example.org or Rob Sieben email@example.com 0408 083 083
Applications close Friday May 20, 2022 at 5pm