- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday July 17th at 5.00pm
The Macleay Vocational College in Kempsey was established in 2001 by the community of Kempsey and the Macleay Valley Workplace Learning Centre Inc. Standing on the land of the Dunghutti nation, Macleay Vocational College has just under 200 students and staff. The lore and stories of this nation form part of the College’s identity and connection to community. The College’s vision is to actively promote the development of the whole person to allow students to become resilient, tolerant and self-confident participants in society. Building commitment in students to lifelong learning and the achievement of their personal best in a supportive and flexible environment where students can develop a sense of belonging, pride, personal identity and cultural awareness.
Macleay Vocational College specialises in educating the whole person and provides an academic education which links into both Australian Curriculum and NSW credentials-RoSA, Preliminary Statement of Attainment and a Higher School Certificate for matriculation or vocational focus. The learning has a strong focus on the links to the Indigenous Community and runs courses including the Ginda Barri program. Some unique features of the College centre around engaging students who have been suspended or expelled from traditional education settings and exiting Juvenile Detention, most also need domestic support and have a high level of educational and social disadvantage. The College follows the Curriculum prescribed by NESA and the Australian Curriculum for students progressing from Stages 4, 5 and 6. The Macleay Valley Workplace Learning Centre Inc. is also a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering courses that are industry approved and nationally recognized, including eligible Traineeships.
With the departure of Mark Morrison as Principal of Macleay Vocational College after 9 years of outstanding leadership, the College Board invites applications from candidates with a commitment to alternative education and an inspiring vision for the future of schooling. The College seeks an exceptional leader of people, a dynamic and inspiring educator, with strong values and beliefs, ready to lead the School into the next phase of development. Beginning in Term 1, 2021, the successful candidate will be a motivated, visible and relational leader with an understanding of the commitment to the values and mission of the College. They will be required to live in the Valley to continue the relationship of reciprocity and respect within the community.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values and mission of the College
- Empower and inspire staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College community
- Clearly articulate and communicate a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers in a complex learning environment
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with external organisations and the ability to promote the College as a place of innovation and learning
- Manage high level and complex pastoral care and wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Bring an evidence based approach, to leading and managing innovation.
- Bring a strong understanding of prudent management of finances, risk, facilities and resources.
Macleay Vocational College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fiona Hutton at email email@example.com. Please DO NOT apply directly online.
Applications Close Friday 17 July 2020