- Permanent role
- Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday, February 19, 2023
Established in 1970, MacKillop Catholic Regional College offers a quality co-education environment in the fast-growing western suburbs of Melbourne. MacKillop is a Catholic college in the Josephite tradition. Inspired by the spirit of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop, to encourage individuals to reach their full potential as life-long learners by providing an innovative, challenging and collaborative learning and teaching environment in a rapidly evolving society. MacKillop College is operated and governed by Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Ltd (MACS).
The College seeks to offer a dynamic and adaptive learning environment, where students challenge themselves and teachers and respond to a rapidly evolving society. With a strong focus on project-based learning, wellbeing, and faith in action, the College seeks to recognise, embrace and affirm the dignity of all in the tradition of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop. With the main campus in Werribee and a Year 9 campus in Werribee South, the College offers students a broad, comprehensive and well-balanced curriculum.
With the retirement of Mr Rory Kennedy as Principal of MacKillop College after 28 years of exemplary service, MACS invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Catholic education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future.
The College seeks an outstanding leader who demonstrates a lived faith, an ethical disposition, and an appreciation of Catholic identity. Commencing in Term 3, 2023, or by negotiation, the successful candidate will be an inclusive, relational, and dynamic leader with a commitment to the values and charism of the Josephites, ready to lead the College into the next phase of development.
The future principal of Mackillop College will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a strong sense of the Educational Mission of the Church, and a strong commitment to the values and faith tradition of St Mary of the Cross Mackillop, Fr Julian Tenison Woods and the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Cross;
- Have a passion for, and expertise in, contemporary educational approaches, together with a demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and manage staff in a way that is highly relational and upholds high expectations for innovative professional practice;
- Demonstrate strong academic leadership and the ability to provide innovative, dynamic and challenging curriculum that is globally oriented and places appropriate emphasis on successful learning for each student;
Have a strong commitment to student wellbeing and the provision of programs and structures that enable all students to feel valued, safe, connected and supported to pursue their individual talents;
- Support the development of strong leadership teams and coach staff to grow and continuously learn;
- Empower staff, students, and parents to actively engage with the College community and continue to establish and nurture partnerships with key stakeholder groups for the benefit of the College;
- Demonstrate the knowledge and record of successful implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner;
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the College’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial and facilities management, legislative, systemic and governance requirements applicable to all Catholic schools;
MacKillop College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with MACS in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion, all enquiries regarding the application process and requests for the candidate information pack, please contact Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday February 19 2023.