- Permanent role
- Applications close: Wednesday 23 August, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Heathdale Christian College is a co-educational school with campuses located in Werribee and Melton. The College focusses on whole child education encompassing academic excellence, the development of character, integrity and virtue, and encouraging children to grow in wisdom and discernment. Well-developed curriculum and co-curricular programs provide students with opportunities for curiosity, wonder and awe, allowing them to develop their God-given gifts. The Melton Campus was established in 2014 and has quickly established a reputation for learning excellence in the local and wider communities. Set in a tranquil environment, the campus offers a vibrant and positive learning environment with purpose-designed educational spaces and an intimate small-school feel.
Heathdale Christian College seeks a committed Christian leader and educator who can drive vision and deliver strong learning, co-curricular, pastoral and spiritual outcomes. The Principal (Melton) is a senior leadership position within the College and is directly accountable to the Executive Principal for the overall educational effectiveness of the school. This role has oversight of all teaching, general staff and students in the Melton Campus and incorporates the planning, direction and organisation of the day-to-day operations. The Principal (Melton) actively participates in the development of school policy, procedures, curriculum and programs, providing advice to the Director of Business Services and the Executive Principal in respect to future needs of the Melton Campus. The successful candidate will be able to translate ideas and concepts into action, analyse complex situations and engage others proactively in change and improvement. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, motivated and relational leader to join the Heathdale Christian College community.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate commitment to the Lordship of Christ in all areas of their life.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the achievement of the College’s mission and educational direction.
- Demonstrate a deep, sound knowledge and understanding of teaching from a Christian worldview perspective and be able to ensure that such teaching is effectively implemented.
- Have experience in and/or a willingness to be committed to the development of Christian Perspectives throughout the curriculum, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate an excellent personal reputation as an educator with a deep understanding of current educational trends, practices and policies, particularly as they relate to senior secondary programs
- Have proven leadership skills and experience, with sensitivity in personal and all professional relationships.
- Have strong organisational and pastoral skills.
Heathdale Christian College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy.
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Heathdale Christian College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the Candidate Information Pack, please contact Tracey Hickey 0402 157 556 or email@example.com
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Wednesday 23 August 2023.