Located in the heart of Kew, Melbourne, Genazzano FCJ College is proud to be celebrating 131 years of history within Catholic education. A school of approximately 920 students from ELC to VCE, it values the past and present students, the dedicated and inspiring educators, and a strong College community. The school community seeks to create a learning environment enriched by the traditions of the Catholic faith and the Ignatian heritage of the Sisters, Faithful Companions of Jesus.
Genazzano FCJ College celebrates difference and diversity and is a non-selective entry school. The College aims to promote inclusion and provide every student with the chance to build upon her strengths, whatever her background. The co-educational Early Learning Centre (ELC) for three and four-year-old children instils in the young girls and boys the joys of curiosity, learning and discovery. An all-girls environment from Prep to Year 12 enables each student to take intellectual risks and focus on achieving personal success across a wide range of subjects and pursuits. Genazzano enjoys a reputation for academic excellence, however, the positive wellbeing and sense of belonging each student feels as a ‘Gen Girl’ is a key strength of a Genazzano education. Students are encouraged to approach life with optimism, be creative learners looking for ways to contribute to society, and be engaged with issues of social justice.
With the departure of Ms Karen Jebb as Principal of Genazzano, the College Council invites applications from experienced candidates with a commitment to Catholic Education and an inspiring vision for the future of education.
The College seeks an exceptional leader who is a dynamic and inspiring educator, with strong values and beliefs grounded in Catholic culture and principles, ready to lead the College into the next phase of development. Commencing in Term 1, 2021, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational leader with a commitment to the values and charism of the FCJ/Ignatian educational mission.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values of Catholic education in the FCJ/Ignatian tradition
- Promote and articulate the benefits of girls’ education to all stakeholders
- Clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Lead and manage innovation with an evidence based approach
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership that is required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College community through effective relationships
- Continue to develop an ongoing culture of philanthropy and community partnerships
Genazzano FCJ College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Genazzano FCJ College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com or Dr Amanda Samson Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 17 July, 2020 5.00pm