- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday July 4, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Established in 2006, Emmanuel College is a dual campus Catholic College offering both boys and co-ed education in the fast growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Founded in the 1960s by the Marianist Order, the Year 7–12 all-boys St Paul’s campus is in Altona North and the more recent co-educational Notre Dame campus is located at Point Cook. Emmanuel College provides Catholic secondary education options for students of the region, extending from Yarraville to Point Cook with approximately 2300 students and 270 staff. Emmanuel College is operated and governed by Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Ltd (MACS).
The essence of Emmanuel College is learning and teaching, with faith education as a primary focus. Through quality educational experiences, and the collaboration and commitment of staff; students have the opportunity to unlock their potential. This Catholic education focuses on the development of the whole person: academic, social, emotional, spiritual and physical.
With the retirement of Mr Chris Stock as Principal of Emmanuel College after 25 years of exemplary service, MACS invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to Catholic education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future.
The College seeks an outstanding leader who demonstrates a lived faith, an ethical disposition, and an appreciation of Catholic culture. Commencing in Term 1, 2023 or by negotiation, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational, and dynamic leader with a commitment to the values and charism of the Marianist educational mission, ready to lead the College into the next phase of development.
The appointee will:
- Be a practising Catholic with a strong sense of the Educational Mission of the Church, demonstrate strong religious leadership, and lead the animation of the College community’s faith journey
- Articulate clearly a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the College and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national, and state levels
- Lead and manage innovation with an evidence and research informed approach
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership, that is required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- Empower staff, students, and parents to engage actively with the College community through effective relationships
- Develop a culture of philanthropy and community partnerships
- Demonstrate a deep level of understanding and enactment of the legislative and systemic compliance requirements applicable to all Catholic schools
Emmanuel College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
MACS has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, all applicants must obtain the candidate information pack and apply directly to Dr Amanda Samson.
Applications close Monday September 19 at 5.00pm.