Established in 1985, Emmanuel College is a thriving multi-faceted educational precinct, including Josiah College – a school catering for students between Years 2 – 10 with autism spectrum disorder. Emmanuel and Josiah Colleges are located in Carrara, a suburb on the Gold Coast renowned for its central location and sporting facilities. With a student population of 1670 students (plus two Child Care years), Emmanuel College is a leading independent school with outstanding facilities, a strong vision for enabling each student to flourish, within a multi-denominational Christian environment. The staff at Emmanuel and Josiah Colleges actively contribute to and support the Christian values and beliefs which underpin the holistic care and development provided to each student.
The School Board seeks a committed Christian educational leader who has the ability to drive vision, execute the continued long-term, strategic development of both colleges and deliver strong academic, co-curricular, pastoral and spiritual outcomes. The successful candidate will be able to translate ideas and concepts into action, analyse complex situations and engage others proactively in change and improvement. Commencing in Term 1, 2022, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and ability to authentically connect with all members of the Emmanuel community and external stakeholders.
The appointee will be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the beliefs, principles and values of an intelligent and robust Christian Education
- Clearly articulate a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the Colleges and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- Demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national and state levels
- Demonstrate the knowledge and successful record of implementation of a range of executive leadership principles and practices in managing change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner
- Manage high level and complex wellbeing matters in a timely and effective manner
- Provide an executive level of leadership in all aspects of the College’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications and governance
- Empower staff, students and parents to actively engage with the College community through effective relationships
- Lead a high performing executive team, with transparency, integrity and high levels of self-awareness
Emmanuel College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing an environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, and where family life is highly valued.
The Emmanuel School Board has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ONLY APPLY directly to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday, 29 March 2021 at 5.00pm