- Permanent role
- Applications close: Thursday 13 January, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Located in the heart of Australia’s Capital City, Canberra Girls Grammar is a proud Anglican school, celebrating 95 years of history in the Canberra community through the delivery of high quality education. A day and boarding school of approximately 1400 students from ELC to Year 12, it values the past and present students, the dedicated and inspiring educators, and a strong school community. CGGS has a record of outstanding academic success, offering the ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies package in addition to a strong global perspective through its International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme (from 2022) and the IB Diploma Programme.
Canberra Girls Grammar celebrates difference and diversity and is a non-selective entry school, with a co-educational offering from ELC to Year 3 and girls only education from Year 4 to Year 12. Through a range of curated signature programs, the school aims to develop children and young women who will become independent, reflective, lifelong learners and confident contributors in a complex and changing world. A CGGS education equips the graduate with the academic learning, emotional intelligence and creative skills to become resilient, compassionate, critical thinking leaders, ready to fulfil their potential as global citizens. Canberra Girls Grammar School community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all students.
With the departure of Mrs Anna Owens as Principal, the School Board invites applications from experienced leaders with a commitment to girls’ education and an inspiring vision for schools of the future. The school seeks an outstanding leader who demonstrates courage, an ethical disposition, and an appreciation of the Anglican tradition. With a negotiated start date in 2022, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational, and dynamic leader with a commitment to honouring the strong heritage of the School, but ready to guide and lead the school into the next phase of its future.
The appointee will be able to:
- demonstrate a commitment to supporting the Anglican values and ethos of the School with the ability to lead a diverse and inclusive community
- articulate clearly the benefits of girls’ education to all stakeholders
- articulate clearly a compelling strategic vision which enhances the quality of education at the School and anticipates the future needs of learners and teachers
- demonstrate a high level of engagement in education, with thorough knowledge of developments at international, national, and state levels
- lead and manage innovation with an inclusive, evidence-based approach
- manage high level and complex community wellbeing matters
- demonstrate an understanding of all elements of school leadership, that is required to successfully manage finances, risk, human resources and facilities
- demonstrate expertise in developing professional partnerships with external bodies to support the school in achieving its mission
Canberra Girls Grammar School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email email@example.com or Rob Sieben at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 13 January 2022 at 5.00pm.