Blue Mountains Grammar School (BMGS) is one of the oldest and most trusted independent schools in the Blue Mountains. A Christian School in the Anglican tradition, BMGS is a warm and engaging community that seeks to empower its students with hope, purpose and courage. Located within an hour’s drive from the outskirts of Sydney, BMGS has developed a reputation as being the premier independent school in the Blue Mountains. Inclusive, accepting and committed to developing potential in all students, BMGS has achieved an enviable reputation in many disciplines including the visual and performing arts at which it excels. The curriculum is delivered within many outstanding facilities, purpose built to facilitate learning both individually and in groups.
The School Board invites applications from committed Christian educators who embody the principles and values the School stands for. The successful candidate will be able to translate their ideas into action, analyse complex situations and engage proactively with both staff and students. They must also be able to deliver strong academic, co-curricular and pastoral outcomes. Commencing in January 2023, the successful candidate will be a motivated, relational leader, with a dynamic presence and an ability to connect with and commit to the BMGS community.
The successful appointee must be able to:
- Lead, promote and demonstrate the values of Christian education in the Anglican tradition.
- Articulate a compelling strategic vision that enhances the quality of education at the School and anticipates the future needs of students.
- Demonstrate successful leadership skills and an ability to manage change and innovation in an inclusive and collaborative manner.
- Encourage staff and student wellbeing in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of the School’s operations, including resourcing and people management, financial management, marketing, fundraising, communications, risk/compliance and governance.
- Empower staff, students and parents to engage with the School through effective communication and the development of positive relationships.
- Ensure relevant professional development of staff that results in effective pedagogy and improved learning.
If you are a dynamic educational leader with a strong vision for future-focussed education, then an exciting opportunity awaits.
BMGS is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and secure.
The BMGS Board has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access the candidate information and selection criteria, please contact Dr Tim Hawkes on 0417696847 or via email email@example.com or Kirsti Hitz-Morton on 043494188 or via email Kirsti.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please APPLY DIRECTLY to Hutton Consulting Australia. Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications Close Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 5pm.