- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 9 October, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Fintona Girls’ School is a leading independent, non-denominational girl’s day school renowned for high academic achievement.
Established in 1896, Fintona is situated in the inner eastern suburb of Balwyn, catering for girls from Prep to Year 12 and offering a co-educational Early Learning program. Fintona girls enjoy broad-based, rigorous education programs, the empowerment of independent thinking and the support of a caring community. A Fintona girl will find the confidence to achieve her highest academic and personal aspirations.
Fintona Girls’ School is one of Melbourne’s best performing independent girls’ schools with a long history of educating girls to the highest standards. The School is seeking an exceptional teacher of Physics to take on the extended responsibilities of managing the dual role of Daily Organiser and Timetabler.
Commencing in Term 1, 2021, the position requires an innovative educational professional who demonstrates a range of leadership approaches and management skills, a deep interest in and understanding of student learning development, and an ability to work with a wide range of professional staff in ensuring that all students receive the very best of care and learning experiences. As a member of the Science faculty, you will work with a collaborative team with access to The Beyond Science Centre, a hub of ingenuity, optimising the relationship between science, mathematics, technology and design to enrich learning opportunities and inspire future careers for women.
The Daily Organiser/Timetabler’s role is to construct and maintain the School’s master timetable that reflects student choices and School priorities, effectively supporting a range of teaching and learning programs. In addition the role requires outstanding communication and organisational skills, ensuring that all classes and programs are supervised and appropriately covered, allowing for the smooth operation of each school day.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Teach Physics to VCE with a proven track record of outstanding results and able to contribute to a rich culture of learning
- Demonstrate capacity to manage all aspects of relevant staff organisation, CRTs and staff absentee processes in an equitable and transparent manner
- Collaborate with the Head of Learning, Teaching & Development, Deputy Principal, VCE Coordinator and others to manage all timetabling requirements and room changes
- Utilise software to maximise the School’s ability to improve systems and processes across learning platforms
- Effectively manage resources, including staffing budgets, with a high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Proactively communicate changes that impact on staff duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate a high level of relational and communication skills
Fintona is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy.
Fintona has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require a position description from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Fiona Huttonfiona@hutton.education
Closing date for applications is Friday October 9, 2020