- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday March 14, 5:00pm, 2022
Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Strathcona Girls Grammar has the reputation of a strongly connected community of learners where students achieve excellent academic and co-curricular results. It is a unique, medium-sized girls’ school with three separate campuses, providing an enriching education from ELC to Year 12. Both boys and girls are catered for in the Early Learning Centre. Strathcona Girls Grammar encourages students to cultivate courage, optimism and an ethical mind in all aspects of their lives.
Performing Arts plays an integral and vital part in the life of the School and the learning journey of our students. An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a strong collaborator to work in partnership with the Head of Performing Arts. Supporting the administration, operations and staffing needs of the School’s Performing Arts Program, the Performing Arts Administrator is a major driver of this organisation and coordination across all the School’s offerings, providing administrative support to the Head of Performing Arts and the Music and Drama Department staff.
The Performing Arts Administrator must have strong verbal and written presentation skills, excellent interpersonal skills and be able to cope with simultaneous demands from staff, students and visitors. Being able to project manage, with the Head of Performing Arts, the lead up time to public performance through the actual performance schedule and bump out is also critical. Preferably with strong event administration experience and excellent data/office management skills, this role takes direction from the Head of Performing Arts and, as a member of the Campus Administration Team, the position also reports to the Business Manager. The preferred candidate will have a keen interest and appreciation or background in Performing Arts. This person will also need to liaise with the Friends of Performing Arts.
The successful candidate will have a calm manner and positive attitude, relevant qualifications in office management and able to demonstrate:
- A highly professional manner and excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of confidentiality
- Experience in a similar role within a school environment, ideally in Performing Arts or Music
- Capacity to manage an office or administrative environment and adept at co-ordinating events
- Ability to collate and provide to the Marketing Department material required for promotion, programs and ticketing of performances
- Strong ICT skills, preferably with experience working with synergetic
- Outstanding organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with the Deputy Principal (and her EA) to plan the Performing Arts calendar and manage bookings in the context of understanding the School’s operational needs
- An ability to prioritise, delegate and proactively follow-up, resolve problems and fulfil commitments
- A capacity to learn and improve systems, procedures and integrate new technologies
Strathcona Girls Grammar has a zero tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.
Strathcona Girls Grammar has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Dr Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or email@example.com
Please ONLY APPLY DIRECTLY to Hutton Consulting Australia. Suitably qualified applicants will be contacted.
Applications close Monday March 14 at 5pm