St Patrick’s College, Ballarat, one of the premier regional Catholic schools in Victoria has engaged in the restructuring of its leadership with the result that four new Assistant Principal roles have been established.
Applications are invited for:
Assistant Principal – Learning Innovation, who will lead the teaching and learning programs within the College and work in partnership with other school leaders to achieve the College’s educational goals.
Assistant Principal – Staff & Culture, who will have responsibility for leading the professional learning culture of staff and bringing the Edmund Rice Touchstones into all aspects of the teaching and learning programs at the College. These programs sit within a culture where respect, care, inclusivity and kindness are prized.
Assistant Principal – Pastoral & Wellbeing, who will be responsible for ensuring students, support staff and teachers receive the nurture and support required for them to flourish.
Assistant Principal – Mission & Identity, who will be responsible for spirituality and faith formation within the College community and the promotion of the Edmund Rice touchstones of Liberating Education, Justice and Solidarity, Gospel Spirituality and Inclusive Community.
St Patrick’s College was founded in 1893 by the Congregation of Christian Brothers and is now run by Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA). The College is an Independent Catholic Secondary School for boys. It caters for boarding and day students in Years 7 – 12. Situated in the delightful parkland setting of Central Ballart near Lake Wendouree, the College has an enrolment of 1430 students.
The new team of Assistant Principals will promote the College’s mission of Raising Fine Boys to the Status of Great Men and the four pillars of Faith, Tradition, Excellence and Relationships. This will be facilitated by the Assistant Principals becoming members of the revised and new College Leadership Team. As such, they will be required to demonstrate a visible and relational approach that ensures the College’s philosophy, aims, objectives and Mission Statement are advanced.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Applicants are advised that the following criteria will feature significantly in the selection process:
- Capacity to support and advance the Touchstones of a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice tradition.
- Ability to fulfil the job description as set out in the relevant Candidate Information Pack.
- Capacity to work collegially, collaboratively and constructively.
- Ability to be a creative thinker, innovator and effective problem solver.
- Capacity to lead and inspire a team.
The successful candidates will also:
- be able to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to learning and self-development, particularly in relation to curriculum, teaching and learning, and boys’ education.
- possess high level skills in communicating with staff, students and parents.
- have a higher degree, or equivalent, in education, or some related field.
St Patrick’s College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Instructions regarding the application process are included within the Candidate Information Pack. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the Candidate Information Pack, please contact either:
Please do not apply directly online.
Applications close on Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 5pm