- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday, 19 August, 2019 at 5:00pm
The Scots School Albury is a leading education destination in the Albury Wodonga Region, and a ‘first choice’ boarding school provider in the wider rural region and beyond. With a rich history spanning over 150 years and located half way between Melbourne and Canberra, The Scots School Albury offers a rich and diverse regional lifestyle on the Murray River. At Scots our young people are placed at the centre of their educational experience by providing challenges and opportunities that enable them to flourish as individuals, with others and within the broader community.
Shortlisted as a finalist in the 2018 Regional School of the Year, and again in 2019, Scots is seeking a strong relational educational leader who is experienced in leading within the Middle Years levels (Yrs 7 – 9) and understands that a student’s academic success is underpinned by a comprehensive wellbeing program.
Beginning in 2020, the successful candidate will collaborate with leaders as part of the Wellbeing Team and lead a compelling vision for developing contemporary approaches to student wellbeing, including transition and orientation programs, reporting processes and student leadership. Supported by a team of dedicated Learning Mentors and reporting directly to the Head of Senior School, the Middle Years Leader will lead, develop and implement initiatives aligned to achieving the values, vision, mission and strategic objectives of The Scots School, Albury.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Play an active role in the leadership, development and implementation of the current and future wellbeing programs, strategies and objectives for the Middle School.
- Lead and sustain a strong model of student leadership across the Middle Years that actively engages students in leading students, mentoring, coaching and the development of school pride.
- Lead the Middle School wellbeing staff and work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement a strong pastoral system that actively supports each Middle School student, including maintaining accurate records and processes.
- Lead effective transition and orientation initiatives for the students entering Middle Years.
- Engage and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with a range of internal and external community stakeholders.
- Respond strategically and proactively to the changing education sector, lead innovation collaboratively and model a positive approach to change.
The Scots School Albury is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
The Scots School Albury has engaged Hutton Consulting to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 19 August, 2019 at 5.00pm