- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 11 April, 2022 at 5:00 pm
St Bede’s College, a dual campus Catholic school for boys in the Lasallian tradition, has a rich history and tradition dating back to 1938 and has become a well-known, loved and iconic place of welcome for boys and their families from south-eastern Melbourne. The College vision for learning encompasses all aspects of life, the intellectual, spiritual, physical, social, emotional, ethical, and cultural dimensions where education is consciously structured to develop the whole person in a caring, family-oriented community. St Bede’s College thrives on the concept of community, where the quality of relationships is critically important in the lives and education of its students. The College motto is Per Vias Rectas (By Right Paths), underpinning the importance of young men having a strong set of values that underpin the way they live and that they are provided with opportunities to take on leadership and responsibility.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a skilful Marketing & Communications professional to join the school. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will direct the schools’ internal and external communications to enhance the visibility of the school and strengthen the relationship between the school and its constituent groups, including prospective families, current students and their parents, as well as alumni and friends of the school. The incumbent will develop and manage all aspects of the school’s marketing and communications plan, including publications, media relations, special event publicity, and online platforms. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the principal and works closely with other members of the schools’ administration, supporting them and all staff members in articulating a shared understanding of St Bede’s College policies and practice.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a Strategic Marketing Plan
- Managing all aspects of the school’s communications and marketing plan, including print and online communication, event publicity, and media relations
- Directing the school’s internal and external communications and marketing, advancing St Bede’s College goals and increasing engagement with constituencies
- Maintaining the College’s external communication channels, such as the St Bede’s College website, social media, mobile applications with a view to promoting two-way communication and engagement with parents, students, Alumni and key stakeholders
- Developing key messages (admissions, publications, marketing materials, collateral materials, campaign materials, etc.) for multiple constituencies
- Overseeing the coordination of graphic design, advertising, photography, videography, writing, editing, graphic identity, speeches/remarks, and online content
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and creativity in a dynamic environment
- Proven success as an administrator responsible for communications and marketing
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Ability to develop, monitor and adhere to budgets and production schedules
- Relevant tertiary education in the field of communications and/or marketing
St Bede’s College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the school’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
St Bede’s College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Do Not Apply Directly Online. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Aine Maher on 0457 521 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 11th April 2022 at 5:00 pm