- Permanent role
- Applications close: Wednesday 11th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
Preshil, a coeducational, secular, independent school it is not only Australia’s oldest progressive school but was influential in the development of progressive pedagogy at the local, national and international levels, focusing on the education of each individual child and the social relationships which support their development as critical and creative thinkers. Preshil remains deliberately small. It welcomes children from three years of age into the kindergarten through to the completion of their secondary schooling at Year 12, across its Arlington and Blackhall Kalimna campuses in the inner-Melbourne suburb of Kew. Preshil is an International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum School, offering accredited IB Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a contemporary, experienced and skilful Human Resources professional to join the school. The Manager, Human Resources (HR) is responsible for the development, and management of the Human Resources function of Preshil, including OHS, and is responsible for delivering outcomes that enable the most effective and efficient management of Preshil’s staff. Specifically, this position is expected to lead the delivery of HR business services, and to execute HR initiatives that support the full employee lifecycle and the needs of the organisation. The incumbent will assume ownership and responsibility for the development and review of HR policies and procedures including those that have a broader organisational impact on Preshil staff. The incumbent will work closely with Preshil’s Executive Team and its staff to ensure that HR policies and procedure are relevant, up to date, safe, and aligned with Preshil’s objectives.
The Manager, HR will provide strategic advice, operational support, and coaching to Preshil staff and management in relation to people issues.
Ultimately responsible to the Principal and the Business Manager, the Manager, HR will be a member of the Preshil Executive Team.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Industrial and Employee Relations, including the development of employee and industrial relations strategies and involvement in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Policy and Procedure to support HR operations.
- The development, assessment, and implementation of administrative procedures to support Preshil’s HR function.
- Fostering an organisational culture that recognises staff achievement, promotes staff attraction and retention, delivers enhanced workforce capabilities, leadership, and culture.
- Workforce and succession planning.
- Coordination of OHS at Preshil including compliance with legislative requirements.
- Preparation, monitoring and implementation of Preshil’s annual HR Budget.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in Human Resources or Industrial Relations and extensive experience in a school-based HR leadership role.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide strategic advice in relation to HR and Employee Relations matters.
- Broad knowledge of statutory and award obligations of employers, particularly in relation to employment law and OHS.
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively and empathetically with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change.
Preshil is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the school’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Preshil has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Do Not Apply Directly Online. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Aine Maher on 0457 521 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday 11th August 2021 at 5:00 pm