- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 21st June, 2021 at 5:00 pm
St Patrick’s Primary School, Kilmore is seeking an experienced Literacy Leader who will work collaboratively to maximise learning outcomes for all.
St Patrick’s Primary School is a coeducational Catholic primary school located in the township of Kilmore – one hour north of Melbourne.
The school is located in a newly designed, contemporary set of buildings. It is a high-performing and well-resourced school with around 540 students and seventy staff. St Patrick’s provides suitable opportunities that enable the children to develop in spirit, mind and body and works to personalise the children’s learning experiences by using a diverse range of teaching styles and methods.
Reporting directly to the Principal and working closely with teaching and learning leaders, the Literacy Leader will work collaboratively to support staff members to improve literacy outcomes across the school. Preferably starting at the beginning of Term 3, the Literacy Leader is a fixed three-year term, full-time role and holds a level two Position of Leadership (POL2) in the School.
Key selection criteria include:
- A deep understanding of contemporary learning and teaching, with a particular focus on literacy.
- A high level of data literacy skills in order to analyse and interpret school data for school improvement.
- Knowledge of the CAFÉ model, SMART Spelling, 7 Steps to Writing and InitiaLit F/1/2 will be advantageous as these approaches are used throughout the school
- An ability to develop and maintain professional and caring relationships with staff, students and parents.
- An innovative educator who supports the growth of self, staff and students as learners and leaders, building a continuous learning culture
- Flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm for a dynamic and exciting work environment
- An understanding of and support for the School’s vision and mission as a Catholic school
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor in Education Primary or equivalent.
- Hold or be currently undertaking a relevant Masters’ degree.
- Have proven experience as a highly accomplished teacher.
- Hold a current and valid VIT Registration.
St Patrick’s Primary School is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
St Patrick’s Primary School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact: Aine Maher on 0457521228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE
Applications must include a cover letter (maximum 1 page), supporting document addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the position description (maximum 2 pages), and a detailed curriculum vitae with the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st June at 5:00pm.