- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 4 September, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Established in 1896, Fintona is situated in the inner eastern suburb of Balwyn, catering for girls from Prep to Year 12 and offering a co-educational Early Learning program. Fintona girls enjoy broad-based, rigorous education programs, the empowerment of independent thinking and the support of a caring community. A Fintona girl will find the confidence to achieve her highest academic and personal aspirations.
Fintona Girls’ School is one of Melbourne’s best performing independent girls’ schools with a long history of educating girls to the highest standards. Opening early 2021, The Beyond Science Centre is the first building in a three stage Master Plan. It will create a hub of ingenuity, optimising the relationship between science, mathematics, technology and design to enrich learning opportunities and inspire future careers for women.
Commencing in Term 1, 2021, the Learning Leader of Science will be an innovative leader who demonstrates a range of leadership approaches and management skills, a deep interest in and understanding of student learning development, and an ability to work with a wide range of professional staff in ensuring that all students receive the very best of care and learning experiences.
The Learning Leader of Science, leads, develops and promotes the academic Science program and maintains the development of authentic learning experiences. Where the potential exists, cross-curricula teaching teams are developed to reflect and reinforce the STEAM interconnectivity in our world.
The successful candidate will:
- lead and manage the Science Faculty across the Junior, Middle and Senior School, ensuring exemplary teaching standards and learning outcomes for our students
- manage change successfully and lead a strong, contemporary, and challenging science curriculum that supports and enables the best learning outcomes for all students
- maintain the development of authentic learning experiences that enrich the learning of science and develop cross-curricula teaching teams where potential exists
- collaborate with the Learning and Teaching team to support the strategic direction of the School and develop a coordinated and purposeful approach to teaching and learning
- co-ordinate a range of events and external partnerships to support and promote Science within and beyond the school
- motivate and inspire the team of teachers and the Laboratory Technician who contribute to a rich and diverse curriculum within their faculty
- demonstrate excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
Fintona is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy.
Fintona has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require a position description from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 4 September, 2020 by 5.00pm.