- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 9 October, 2020 at 5.00pm.
Fintona Girls’ School is a leading independent, non-denominational girl’s day school renowned for high academic achievement within a nurturing context.
Established in 1896, Fintona is situated in the inner eastern suburb of Balwyn, catering for girls from Prep to Year 12 and offering a co-educational Early Learning program. Fintona girls enjoy broad-based, rigorous education programs, the empowerment of independent thinking and the support of a caring community. A Fintona girl will find the confidence to achieve her highest academic and personal aspirations.
Fintona Girls’ School is one of Melbourne’s best performing independent girls’ schools with a long history of educating girls to the highest standards. Opening early 2021, The Beyond Science Centre is the first building in a three stage Master Plan. It will create a hub of ingenuity, optimising the relationship between science, mathematics, technology and design to enrich learning opportunities and inspire future careers for women. The Margaret Cunningham wing houses the Drama hub – complete with hall, drama spaces and plenty of space to rehearse the annual VCE productions, School Play, House Drama Day and various classroom solo and group performances.
Commencing in Term 1, 2021 the Learning Leader (Drama) will be an innovative leader who demonstrates a range of leadership approaches and management skills, a deep interest in and understanding of student learning development in the Performing Arts, and an ability to work with a small and dedicated team of Drama professionals to ensure that Fintona continues to offer a very high level of performance opportunities. Reporting to the Head of Learning, Teaching and Development, the Learning Leader (Drama) will work collaboratively with other Learning Leaders to enhance the quality of teaching and learning practice across the School.
As Drama is compulsory from Prep to Year 8, with an extensive elective program in place in senior years, the Learning Leader (Drama) will provide leadership and development of an appropriate Drama Curriculum, will be a skilled Director of dramatic productions and continue to advocate and build awareness of the importance of the Performing Arts in building self confidence and awareness.
The successful candidate will:
- have current knowledge of curriculum, educational trends, schooling practices and policy developments as they relate to the area of Drama
- have demonstrated the ability to promote and support co-curricular activities that build student engagement and enhanced learning opportunities through the Performing Arts
- have demonstrated organisational and educational leadership and a record of success in achieving agreed goals in collaboration with others
- have experience in developing a collegial and high performing team
- demonstrate experience in directing and producing the Annual School Play or similar high quality productions
- teach drama and inspire learning, including VCE Drama and Theatre Studies
Fintona is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy.
Fintona has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require a position description from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton on 0499 000 973 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday October 9, 2020