- Permanent role
- Applications close: Tuesday 9 November, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Preshil – The Margaret Lyttle Memorial College seeks a dynamic, experienced educator to lead the IB Diploma Programme.
Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational school for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. It is an authorized International Baccalaureate school with a Diploma Programme (IBDP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Primary Years Programme (PYP). The students take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions; they are encouraged to ask challenging questions, to know themselves, care for others and achieve excellence on their own terms.
The school philosophy is inspired by the work of Margaret J R Lyttle and builds continually on her work and the work of her niece, Margaret E Lyttle and the ideas of other educational theorists relevant to progressive education in 21st century Australia. The school is looking for an outstanding teacher with high levels of leadership experience and passion. This person will be an experienced educator, ideally with a teaching method in Group 4, who will join the team working to create outstanding programs for every student.
The IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) Coordinator is an experienced curriculum leader who provides leadership and has responsibility for creating a productive and vibrant learning environment for students studying, and staff delivering, the IBO Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The IBDP Coordinator should be a role model as an educator and professional learner, and a mentor for IBDP staff. Preshil will be undergoing the Diploma Programme Evaluation therefore experience as an experienced IB educator and IBDP Coordinator is highly desirable.
This is a full time, ongoing position commencing in January 2022.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Currency in all aspects of the IB Diploma Programme
- Proven experience in program design and management, including communication, implementation, evaluation and review.
- Experience with data-informed practice
- Proven experience as a highly competent project manager with the organisational capacity to oversee the end-to-end administration and management of various processes
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Capacity to collaborate and network with others and lead high performing teams
- Outstanding discipline-based knowledge and experience in their subject area
- Collaborative development and evaluation of curriculum, and monitor, through observation and evaluation, the effectiveness of the learning/teaching program
- Flexibility, adaptability and enthusiasm for a dynamic work environment
Preshil is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the school’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Preshil has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Do Not Apply Directly Online. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact Aine Maher on 0457 521 228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Tuesday 9th November 2021 at 5:00 pm