Located in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs, Strathcona Girls Grammar has the reputation of a strongly connected community of learners where students achieve excellent academic and co-curricular results. It is a unique, medium-sized girls’ school with three separate campuses, providing an enriching education from ELC to Year 12. Both boys and girls are catered for in the Early Learning Centre.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a contemporary, innovative Human Resources professional to join the Business team. With a focus on providing a caring and future focused environment, staff are supported in their critical role of ensuring each student has the resources to achieve her highest potential academically, physically, socially and creatively. This role requires the successful candidate to build on the School’s reputation as a centre of excellence in education for young women and girls. Additionally, the School has intentionally committed itself to the leadership development of its staff and has an increasing reputation for its commitment to assisting in the career progression of aspirational staff.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Principal through the Business Manager and works closely with the School’s Executive Team. The role has responsibility for the administration of all policies and procedures and compliance requirements relating to human resources in the School. Primarily this includes responsibility for recruitment, training and development, induction, staffing support, industrial relations and performance management administration. The successful candidate will,
- support the Principal and Business Manager in the management and development of the human resource functions of the School
- hold formal qualifications in the area of Human Resources and experience in dealing with all aspects of HR including knowledge of IR, recruitment/selection procedures, WH&S and compliance
- Manage processes relating to onboarding, induction, exiting, professional learning and performance with the capacity to deliver training
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to develop professional relationships with staff at all levels
- demonstrate contemporary knowledge of HR trends, key policies and procedures
- be able adept at MS and Database Management (Synergetic)
Strathcona Girls Grammar has a zero tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children’s wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.
Strathcona Girls Grammar has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack please contact the lead consultant Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Fiona Hutton email@example.com
Applications close Monday 22 February 2020 5.00pm