St Columba College seeks to employ a contemporary and innovative Human Resources professional to commence in Term 1, 2021.
This position will be a permanent part-time position, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, 5 days per week, 42 weeks per year.
St Columba College is an R-12 co-educational College established as a joint initiative of the Anglican and Catholic churches of the Adelaide Dioceses. Established in 1997 and located at Andrews Farm in the northern suburbs of Adelaide, the College is open to families who are seeking a Christian education founded by the beliefs, values and practices of both traditions of its unique ecumenical partnership. The College consists of three schools located on three sites within walking distance of each other; Junior School for students from Reception to Year 5, a Middle School for students in Years 6 to 9 and a Senior School for students in Years 10 to 12.
The Human Resource Manager assists College leadership to manage the human resources function for the College. This includes strategic and operational HR activities including recruitment, employment agreements, policy review and development, WH&S, employee induction, professional development and performance review. Ultimately responsible to the Principal, all support staff report to the Business Manager on a day-to-day basis.
Key aspects of the role will be
- supporting the Principal and Business Manager in the management and development of the human resource functions of the College
- overseeing all processes relating to induction in a timely and professional manner
- contributing to the development, review and continuous improvement of human resource strategies, programs, plans, policies and initiatives for the College
- preparing and providing reports/recommendations and relevant information, as required
- leading the professional growth and review of staff.
The successful candidate will:
- hold formal qualifications in the area of Human Resources (or comparable) and experience in dealing with all aspects of HR including knowledge of IR, recruitment/selection procedures, WH&S and compliance
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to develop professional relationships with staff at all levels
- demonstrate contemporary knowledge of HR trends, key policies and procedures
- demonstrate a commitment to uphold and contribute to the Anglican and Catholic ethos of the College and model the school’s Christian traditions and practices
St Columba College is a child safe institution. All appointments are subject to child protection legislation and employment screening.
St Columba College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. Do Not Apply Directly Online. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a Position Information Document, please contact Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email email@example.com .
Applications close Friday 20th November, 2020 at 5:00 pm