- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 30th May, 2022 at 5:00pm.
William Carey Christian School was founded on the vision in the 1970’s to establish a biblically grounded Christian school to serve and educate the families in the Liverpool area. In 1980 the first steps were taken to make this vision a reality when the School began the process of being registered.
The School opened in 1984 with 4 students but grew rapidly. Land was purchased in Prestons and construction began in 1988. The School has grown from its small beginnings to be a school of 1300 Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 fulfilling the vision of serving families in the Liverpool area.
The founders chose to name the School after William Carey in recognition of how one man who was a simple shoemaker became a great and versatile missionary. The School adopted Carey’s motto “Expect great things from God; Attempt great things for God” as its own. The School’s foundation of head, heart and hands recognises the interplay of knowledge, passion, and actions for students to live lives of Christian integrity.
The School promotes the development of attributes of learning, team membership, respect, leading and helping and being wise and brave in the students. All members of the School incorporate these attributes into their teaching programs. The School’s teaching and learning framework promotes inspiration, expectation, and growth. The School continues to be true to its vision of providing a Biblically grounded Christian education.
The Head of Technologies leads, develops, and promote the academic Technology programs as well as having responsibility for the VET Courses. While ensuring the academic courses are delivered in accordance with NESA, the Head of Technologies leads by example and communicates effectively with a wide range of stakeholders. This is a significant leadership role reporting to the Director of Teaching and Learning on curriculum matters and the Deputy Principal in other matters.
The successful candidate will be:
- A person of evangelical Christian convictions and character actively involved in church and committed to the work of Christian education
- Develop their team’s professional skills, carrying out their duties in a competent and conscientious manner, while seeking opportunities to improve their knowledge and skills, including through participation in professional development.
- Demonstrate experience of educational leadership; lead colleagues to plan, implement and evaluate quality teaching and learning programs and effective assessment tasks.
- Represent the interests of the school (and AISRTO) with DEEWR Partnership Broker for Structured Workplace Learning through regular communication with and attendance at VET Reference Group for SouthWest Connect
- Meet and maintain practices that are reflective of the Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher criteria of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST).
- Ensure the school adequately meets the ASQA and AISRTO requirements for registration of delivery of courses.
William Carey Christian School is committed to child safety. All members of staff are required to comply with applicable child protection legislation and are responsible for ensuring that the School’s Child Safe policies, procedures and programs are at the forefront of all they do. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
William Carey Christian School has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the candidate information pack and associated documents, please contact Jann Robinson on 0437 774 734 firstname.lastname@example.org or Darren Roylett via email email@example.com
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE.
Applications close on Monday 30th May at 5pm