- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 24th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
Hillcrest Christian College, a leading independent school on the Gold Coast, is seeking an innovative and creative Head of Technologies (5-12).
Established in 1982, Hillcrest has been on an exciting journey of growth, innovation and change in recent years, reimagining 21st Century education, while upholding the core values envisioned by the College founders. The classrooms are filled with incredible young men and women imbued with remarkable character and concern for their community, and the campus offers some of the most amazing educational and co-curricular facilities imaginable. The College continues to build a strong community, underpinned by faith, equipping and empowering people to fulfil their God-given potential.
From the beginning of 2021, Hillcrest Christian College will realise a realigned organisational structure of the College. The College restructure will address the continued strong growth of student enrolments and a willingness to create the flexible and engaging environment needed to drive future-focused learning across the College. The new Middle Learning Community will enable a dedicated learning community to compliment the Junior and Senior Learning Communities, enabling a smaller, intimate and specific learning community in; Early (aged 3-5) Junior (P-4), Middle (5-8) and Senior (9-12). This reflects the ‘small school’ philosophy that underpins the history of Hillcrest, and the believe that students who feel secure, valued and comfortable in their environment can achieve their full potential.
The Head of Faculty (Technologies) leads, develops and promotes the technologies program across the Middle (5-8) and Senior Learning Communities (9 to 12) and maintains the development of authentic learning experience. At Hillcrest the Technologies Faculty includes: Engineering Principles and Systems, Food Specialisation, Material Specialisation and Digital Technology. Reporting to and supporting the Heads of Middle and Senior Learning Communities, this role leads and manages the Technologies Faculty in accordance with the Strategic Plan, policy and direction of the College. The Head of Technologies will drive a professional improvement agenda and is committed to a shared educational vision focused on providing quality learning outcomes for students.
The successful candidate is a Christian leader with demonstrated leadership capacity who will:
- Lead the development of innovative teaching and learning with comprehensive pedagogical skills, curriculum knowledge and assessment requirements.
- Lead and inspire Technologies staff to contribute to a rich and diverse curriculum.
- Demonstrate excellence in current and emerging educational developments in Technologies incorporating technology to enhance engagement in the learning environment.
- Maintain the development of authentic learning experiences that enrich the learning of Technologies and develop cross-curricula teaching teams where potential exists
- Foster a collaborative and positive organisational culture able to promote Technologies and the College to the broader community.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings.
Hillcrest Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy.
Hillcrest Christian College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require a position description from us.
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON-LINE.
For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details please contact the lead consultant Amanda Samson on 0433 356 911 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday May 24 2021