Haileybury is one of the leading schools in the Asia-Pacific region with campuses and education programs at Keysborough, Brighton, Berwick, City (Melbourne), Darwin (Northern Territory) and China. The School has enrolments exceeding 6000 across its operations. The School is acclaimed for its outstanding academic achievements, small class sizes, parallel education, a broad range of co-curricular activities and international opportunities.
To commence in January 2020, the Head of Teaching and Learning (Senior School) works closely with the Deputy Principal (Teaching and Learning) and Head of Senior Schools to set and implement the School’s direction in teaching and learning. This is offered as a permanent position with a tenured leadership role.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, experienced leader with expertise in teaching across years 9 -12. With exceptional people and process management skills this candidate will have proven success of devising, managing and delivering a complex and academically successful program whilst conducting themselves professionally at all times. This role requires an ability to handle multiple demands, make high level decisions and interact with students, staff and the wider community with integrity and empathy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a culture of collaboration across all areas of Teaching and Learning
- Leadership and management of the curriculum documentation, including supporting staff in the effective curation of online resources
- Management of the assessment, feedback and reporting mechanisms and processes for Senior years
- Leading and promoting the effective use of technology
- Monitoring teacher quality and ensuring it is of the highest possible standard through the use of Educator Impact
- Ensure the utilisation of student data informs best practice in teaching and learning
- Critically analyse and develop policy documentation in collaboration with Heads of Faculty
- Ensuring effective transition for students into Senior School
Haileybury is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening, and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applications close: Friday 23rd August, 2019 at 5.00pm