- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday, 18th August, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Presbyterian Ladies’ College (PLC) is a leading ELC to Year 12 Christian independent day and boarding school in Melbourne, with a rich heritage in girls’ education since 1875. The College emphasises holistic development through excellent academics, global perspectives, and robust pastoral and co-curricular programs.
Within a nurturing Christian environment, girls are encouraged to develop respect, leadership skills, self-discipline, and cultural awareness. PLC inspires and supports students to explore every opportunity, achieve their goals, and discover their unique excellence, fostering the growth of modern women for tomorrow’s world.
Reporting directly to the Principal, the newly created role of Head of Senior School (7-12) holds a significant leadership position within the College. Working closely with the Deputy Principal (Wellbeing) and the Deputy Principal (Learning & Curriculum), the Head of Senior School (7-12) plays a crucial role in leading, managing, and fostering a culture of excellence in teaching and learning, student wellbeing, continuous improvement, and innovation across the College.
Their responsibilities encompass overseeing the whole of Senior School operations, driving projects aligned with the School’s Strategic Plan, mentoring Senior School staff, and implementing practices and initiatives that promote academic excellence and positive student wellbeing outcomes. We are seeking a leader who sees the joy and delight in shaping the attitudes and beliefs of the next generation of young women.
- Provide collaborative and strategic input into the development and delivery of the College Strategic Plan
- Oversee the Senior School operations, activities and events, promoting a culture of excellence
- Provide progressive, improvement-focused leadership to all staff
- Working with the student leadership team, promote high standards of behaviour, setting the tone and culture of the Senior School
- Actively lead and support the Christian values and traditions of the College
- Oversee Governance, Risk and Compliance to ensure the risks are managed in line with the School’s risk tolerance and regulatory requirements
Commencing in Term 1 2024 the preferred candidate will be an experienced educational, operational and people leader, committed to upholding the vision, mission, values and Christian ethos of the College. This position includes a 0.2 FTE teaching allocation.
Presbyterian Ladies’ College has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people are safe and feel safe, as outlined in the Child Protection Policy. https://www.plc.vic.edu.au/reports-and-policies
Hutton Consulting Australia is partnering with Presbyterian Ladies’ College in the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to access candidate information, please contact Fiona Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Menage on 0427 703 483 or email@example.com
Applications close: 5pm on Friday 18th August, 2023