- Permanent role
- Applications close: Monday 27th September, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Immanuel College is seeking a dynamic and innovative Head of Senior School who will provide educational and organisational leadership.
Immanuel College is a co-educational, Lutheran day and boarding school offering education from Years 7 to 12. It is a vibrant and exciting school, catering to a diverse community of around 1,000 students.
An award-winning school, Immanuel has been nationally recognised as an innovative school, a school where students reap the benefits of a rich, relevant and challenging program. The College strives to provide an education in a Christian context where the whole person can grow and develop.
Immanuel’s teaching and learning programs focus on three core areas – Excellence in Academics, Innovative Teaching and Learning, and a Personalised Approach. The learning principles – Creating, Connecting, Thinking, Understanding – define an approach to teaching and learning that is designed to enable students to flourish in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
A member of the College Executive leadership team, the Head of Senior School (HoSS) has responsibility for the provision of educational and organisational leadership which improves the quality of teaching and learning for students and staff within the Senior School.
The HoSS will provide exemplary leadership across the broad range of College operations and will make a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the school.
All staff at Immanuel College are required to promote and support a positive organisational culture by maintaining effective working relationships and communicating effectively with students, parents, colleagues and visitors.
The HoSS is accountable to the Principal and is required to work collaboratively with other members of the Executive team, teaching and professional staff.
In addition, this role has line management accountability for the Senior School Year Level Coordinators and faculties across the College including Maths, The Arts, Technology, Physical Education, Christianity and Life, Student Wellbeing and Pathways.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will have or be able to demonstrate:
- appreciation of, and commitment to, the Christian values and ethos of the College
- high level skills in establishing effective working relationships with staff, students, parents and the wider community
- sensitivity and understanding of issues related to gender identity, disability discrimination and equal opportunity
- commitment to achieving excellence in education and passion for the development of an educational approach that meets the needs of the college and its students
- success in modelling and promoting outstanding teaching practice
- experience of organisational and educational leadership coupled with a record of success in achieving agreed goals in collaboration with others
To Enquire and Apply:
Immanuel College has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position.
Do not apply online for this role.
Only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain a candidate information pack, please contact Darren Roylett on 0488 001 064 or email email@example.com or Rob Sieben on 0408 083 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include a full cover letter (1 page), supporting documentation addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the candidate information pack (maximum 2 pages), a detailed curriculum vitae and the contact details of three professional referees.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27 September, 2021 at 5:00pm.