- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday 9th April 2021 at 5.00pm
Danebank Anglican School for Girls (NSW) is seeking an inspirational and innovative Christian leader to head a future-focused Senior School.
Danebank is one of the leading Christian girls’ schools in Australia with a wonderful reputation and proud history of excellence and innovation in thinking, learning and care. Located in the southern suburbs of Sydney, Danebank’s purpose is to nurture and develop girls from Pre-K to Year 12 to develop into magnificent women of influence who flourish in every aspect of their lives and so serve and shape Christ’s world. The life of the school is anchored in the Christian faith and their worship and spiritual life is grounded in the Anglican tradition.
Danebank’s approach to education is contemporary and holistic: integrating student wellbeing, learning and personal development to help shape the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual aspects of each individual. A culture of excellence in learning and wellbeing is fostered, cultivated by research and innovation, and based on best practice from a global perspective.
The Head of Senior School is a new role as Danebank transitions to a refreshed structure within the overall Pre-K to 12 school. Beginning in Term 3, 2021 or with a negotiated start date, the Head of Senior School (7 – 12) is a key leadership position at Danebank, working collaboratively with a range of teams to implement key goals across the Senior School.
Working strategically and closely with the Principal, along with the Head of the Junior School and the Executive, the Head of Senior School will be an inspirational and progressive educator who will provide outstanding leadership across the academic, pastoral and co-curricular domains of the Senior School. This includes developing, optimising and implementing the School Strategy, the Learning and Wellbeing Frameworks and Master Plan. The Head of Senior School is to lead, motivate and inspire staff and students to achieve exceptional learning outcomes through a range of pathways.
It is essential for the successful applicant to have a focus on student-centred learning, a well-organised and solution-focused approach, as well as a strong understanding of emerging trends and best practice in national and international contexts.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrate an authentic commitment to the Christian mission and values of Danebank
- Proven capacity to shape culture
- Strong, proven ability to think and plan strategically, delivering key strategic projects across a whole school, supporting a collaborative and integrated approach with teaching, learning and caring frameworks
- Progressive-thinking and innovative educator who supports the growth of self, staff and students as learners and leaders, building a continuous learning culture
- A proven track record as an outstanding teacher and educational leader who uses research and data to drive best practice
- Strong interest in promoting the value of a single sex, girls’ education context
- Organisational capacity to oversee the day-to-day management of the Senior School
- An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively engage with a range of internal and external community stakeholders
- Degree qualifications in education and be registered to teach (or have the ability to acquire registration) in NSW, along with a current Working with Children’s Check
Danebank Anglican School for Girls is committed to child safety. All Danebank members of staff are required to comply with applicable child protection legislation and are responsible for ensuring that the School’s Child Safe policies, procedures and programs are at the forefront of all we do. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Danebank Anglican School for Girls has engaged Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. All candidates will require an application pack from us. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ONLINE. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain further details, please contact the lead consultant Fiona Hutton 0499 000 973 or email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 9th April, 5.00pm