- Permanent role
- Applications close: Friday August 5, 5:00pm, 2022
From its humble beginnings in 1982, Beaconhills College has grown and flourished into a leading school in holistic education, with campuses in Pakenham and Berwick, part of the rapidly growing south-eastern region of Melbourne. The Senior School, Years 10 to 12, offers a diverse range of pathways enabling students to suit their own strengths and interests. Beaconhills educators aim to foster a love of lifelong learning so that students develop independence, resilience and a sense of self-worth. Beaconhills commits to a holistic education for all students, focussed on personalised learning and underpinned by a well-articulated educational philosophy: the six pillars of Learning That Matters.
With a negotiable start date preferably beginning in Term 4, the Head of Senior School will demonstrate outstanding leadership and a strong commitment to the education of all students. As a member of the Campus Leadership Team, the Head of Senior School will lead the Senior School staff and students from Years 10 – 12 through the College Mission, Vision and Values in the delivery and development of contemporary learning and wellbeing programs.
Reporting to the Campus Principal, the successful candidate will have direct responsibility for the leadership and day to day management of the Senior School at Pakenham, working with staff members and the School Leadership Team to maximise the learning opportunities and welfare of the students in Years 10 to 12 both in and outside of the classroom. The Head of Senior School will promote a positive and dynamic working environment within the Senior School, building the capacity of staff and developing a team approach, ensuring open communication, transparent and effective decision making and collaborative work practices.
The successful candidate will bring:
- a passion for, and expertise in, senior schooling.
- ability to motivate and engage staff, students and parents to ensure a climate of support and high expectations.
- proven experience in building and mentoring highly effective teams.
- excellent communication skills in a range of formal and informal settings
- a track record as a high-level operator managing change successfully and delivering continuous school improvement.
- skills to develop, review and deliver school strategy and operational plans.
- a commitment to collaborative practice in a dynamic multi-campus environment.
- State based teacher registration.
Beaconhills College is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Beaconhills College is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, incorporating the principles of merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness in their recruitment process.
Beaconhills College is partnering with Hutton Consulting Australia to assist with the search and selection process for this position. For a confidential discussion regarding the application process and to obtain the full position description please contact the lead consultant, Aine Maher on 04575 21 228 or email email@example.com.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 5 August 2022